Thursday, March 29, 2007

Halibut with Citrus Dill Butter

Spring is here and that means we are going to see a lot of fresh ocean fish start rolling in from the West Coast. Halibut recently arrived into local markets and I have had it three different times in the last couple of weeks.

Halibut is one of those things that is very easy to make, and is very good when fresh, in fact the fresher the better. I like to broil it in the oven, or grill it up out side on the bbq. I just place it on a piece of foil and it is ready to go.

Citrus works well with Halibut and sometimes I do a quick marinade of fresh tangerine and lim juice when I have the time.

Halibut with Citrus Dill Butter

1 LB Fresh Halibut
1 Orange, or Tangerine
1 Lime
1 oz Butter
Dill

Place the Halibut Filet on a piece of foil and grill on the bbbq, or broil in the oven till a golden brown. I usually make a compound butter of lime, tangerine, and dill to serve on top. Simple, easy, and good for you.

No comments: